[AlternC-dev] trying to temper the ruby choice ...

Olivier Huet contact at olivierhuet.fr
Mar 14 Aou 18:16:09 CEST 2007

[...]
> (regarding AlternC's future)
> At the moment, I guess we should go to a v2.0 using php v5 and Mysql 5,
> with MVC development & using something like Zend Framework, creating a
> modularized web panel.

I think it's better to continue with PHP than RoR because:
 - I think RoR need more RAM and CPU power than PHP, and my servers doesn't
have a lot of them
 - There is a lot more PHP developer than Ruby developer
 - RoR is perfect for some kinds of application... but not sure AlternC is
this kind of application

AlternC is an administration panel. So I think it should be light, easy, and
compatible with most of browser... (I'm not sure Ajax is a good idea)

Btw, I think a stable v1.0 of AlternC is more urgent than a v2.0 :(