[AlternC-dev] trying to temper the ruby choice ...

Benjamin Sonntag benjamin at alternc.org
Mer 15 Aou 09:08:06 CEST 2007

Olivier Huet a écrit :

> [...]
I talked about it with Nicolas Chuche (a government system
administrator) and other geeks yesterday (at Pouchla's place ...) and
yes : the point with ruby is : as for today, we don't have enough
developers with a long-time knowledge on Ruby & Rails.

> AlternC is an administration panel. So I think it should be light, easy, and
> compatible with most of browser... (I'm not sure Ajax is a good idea)
>
> Btw, I think a stable v1.0 of AlternC is more urgent than a v2.0 :(

Yes, but as Daniel (our new developer) will work on this project, I
think it's better for him to directly start on the new release, and not
on old code : It may also help building a brand new infrastructure
rather than, by knowing how the old one works, making something who will
be like v1.0 ...

Anyway, a debugging day is absolutely a good idea regarding 1.0 release
for Etch.

cu,

Benjamin Sonntag